Meditation can bring about a personal transformation that positively impacts of all areas of your life. There is a wealth of emotional, mental and physical wellbeing benefits available to anyone who takes time out to practice meditation every day. Set aside 10-15 minutes for some quality ‘me’ time and create more peace, calm and harmony in your life.
Switch On To Meditation. Whilst it is true that meditation makes you feel more relaxed, calm and at peace, the benefits of meditation are not just in your head. When you sit and meditate you are switching off from your outer world and connecting to your inner wisdom. This practice affects your vitality and wellbeing on many levels. Spiritual enthusiasts, mindfulness devotees and wellbeing aware celebrities all know how beneficial regular meditation practice can be. Eva Mendes, Angelina Jolie, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Turner and Katy Perry are just a few famous meditation fans who make time to practice daily.
Emotional Benefits of Meditation. Meditation may seem an indulgent luxury to busy people who have no time to spare. Meditation however, is a flexible practice that can be done anytime and anywhere. As little as 10 minutes of mediation practice can improve your emotional wellbeing instantly. Instead of spending 10 minutes on a coffee or ciggie break, during your hectic working day, take time out to chill with meditation. Meditation:
- Helps you let go of circling thoughts that stop you from relaxing
- Awakens your natural joy and zest for life
- Opens your heart and makes you feel more loving and giving
- Increases your empathy and feelings of compassion
- Releases feel-good chemicals, like endorphins and serotonin, that increase your positivity and happiness
- Makes you feel more calm, tranquil and relaxed
Physical Benefits of Meditation. When we meditate, the physiology of the body undergoes a change. Every cell in the body is filled with prana (energy). This creates feelings of calm, joy, peace, balance and harmony that increase the more you practice daily meditation.
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Reduces feelings of anxiety
- Reduces tension-related pain, such as tension headaches, ulcers and joint or muscle pain
- Increases the serotonin production that improves mood
- Improves the immune system
- Increases energy levels
Mental Benefits of Meditation. Switching of the endless mind chatter, by practicing meditation, shifts the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state. This promotes healing on a mental level. Meditation:
- Improves emotional stability
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances creativity
- Creates feelings of happiness and joy
- Improves intuition and sharpens the mind
- Creates a sense of calm and peace of mind
How To Reap The Benefits. Regular practice is necessary if you want to reap the bounty of benefits that meditation offers. Just 10-15 minutes every day can create a huge impact on your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. If you can comfortably set aside 1 hour for daily meditation practice so much the better! Meditation allows you to hit the pause button on your busy day. Taking quality time out to switch off from your responsibilities, demands and priorities will make you feel refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed. You’ll also feel happier too!