No matter the number of times that we hear or read the saying: â€œYou cannot fully love another, if you do not first fully love yourselfâ€?, it often takes many painful life experiences before we truly learn the meaning of these words. Self-love is a misunderstood term that requires careful examination and consideration. Unfortunately, all too often we simply want to move on in search of yet another person to give us the love that we seek.
What Is Self-Love?
Self-love is the awareness, acceptance and unconditional love that is bound within a true love connection. It is the deep love that we desire to receive from others, and that we commit to giving to our perfect love match.
Self-love is usually viewed as a quest, and sometimes even a chore. Our modern hectic lifestyles are reflected in the way in which we treat ourselves. We are simply too busy to give ourselves the time and space that we genuinely need to get to truly know and love ourselves. After experiencing the heartbreak of yet another failed romance the last thing on your to-do-list is likely to be â€˜love yourselfâ€™. However, this is exactly what you need to do.
Why Is Self-Love Essential?
Self-love teaches you everything you need to know about the most important person in your worldâ€¦You! Self-loving is all about removing the labels others have given you, examining the beliefs you have given yourself, accepting your traits, flaws and negative self-image, and seeing beyond your reflection in the bathroom mirror
. This deep self-acceptance releases you from the prison of â€˜not being good enoughâ€™ and gives you the freedom to fully step into your unique divinity.
When you truly love yourself:
- You take yourself seriously, and are able to laugh at yourself too
- You unselfishly consider your needs first
- You take good care of your mind, body and spirit
- You acknowledge and appreciate the beauty of your life, including the painful bits
- You continually strengthen the connection with your Higher Self, because you understand the importance of all aspects of Self
- You love unconditionally, without expecting to be loved in return
- You follow your heart
- You love everything about You
The freedom of self-love is liberating. This unique feeling can only be experienced through self-acceptance and love for yourself. When you are able to fall in love with yourself you are ready to fall in love with the world. Your self-love radiates out towards others, and becomes an attractive aura that simply draws good people, opportunities and circumstances to you.
How To Love Yourself
Self-loving isnâ€™t as difficult or daunting as you may think. Loving yourself is the foundation that allows you to form, and sustain, harmonious relationships with others. Be gentle with yourself as you begin to give yourself the love you have always wanted.
To love yourself:
- You must learn to accept and love your quirky traits, negative patterns of behaviour and perceived flaws
- You must understand your personal needs, and do all that is required to meet those needs
- You must be honest with yourself, about all aspects of you
- You must release all past pain so that you can heal
Call one of our experienced psychic readers
today, for self-love help and guidance.